Yu-Na Kim Forum: Golden Spin Dec. 5-8 - Yu-Na Kim Forum

• 55 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Spin Dec. 5-8 Yu-Na will make her debut here!

#341 User is offline   beautyuna 

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

3lutz-3toe :swoon1: :swoon1: :swoon1:

http://instagram.com/p/hid6kpycE2/

press conference

http://instagram.com/p/hieTQ4uATX/

opening

http://instagram.com/p/hieRoLFMt4/

3sal 2toe

http://instagram.com/p/hiewvGScFi/

This post has been edited by beautyuna: 05 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

#342 User is offline   SquallB 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Postbeautyuna, on 05 December 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Simply the best in the business.
"If this was track and field, we just watched an 8-second 100 meters." Jamie McGrigor, a skating analyst commenting on Yuna's LP performance at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics

"How do you make a Kim Yu-Na... you can't. It's truly a gift." Scott Hamilton, gold medalist and NBC commentator

Thanked by 1 Member:

#343 User is offline   yon 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

I guess it is from today's runthrough.

Thanked by 4 Members:

#344 User is offline   rock robster 

• Senior
  • Group: Platinum Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

Now Yuna is, once again, filling me with all kinds of fan regrets. How can she retire at the absolute apex of her talent and powers? :sweatingbullets:

EDIT: Yes, I know I'm being selfish, and that Yuna has decided yada yada yada... :biggrin2:

This post has been edited by rock robster: 05 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

Thanked by 1 Member:

#345 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

These short clips are such a tease. I want to see the whole run-through! :sweatingbullets:

Thanked by 1 Member:

#346 User is offline   beautyuna 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

step sequence (?) :love2: :swoon1:

http://instagram.com/p/higIX9ycG1/

http://instagram.com/p/hihG8bScH4/

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by beautyuna: 05 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Thanked by 4 Members:

#347 User is offline   yon 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Here comes!!!

#348 User is offline   Realdeal 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

Can someone pat me on the back for saying earlier that a small ensemble of piano, strings, and bandoneon should be the most ideal rendition of Adios Nonino? :biggrin2:

Thanked by 8 Members:

#349 User is offline   rock robster 

• Senior
  • Group: Platinum Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostRealdeal, on 05 December 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Can someone pat me on the back for saying earlier that a small ensemble of piano, strings, and bandoneon should be the most ideal rendition of Adios Nonino? :biggrin2:

*pat pat pat* :biggrin2:

Thanked by 1 Member:

#350 User is offline   SquallB 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

WOW. This could be the mother of all programs, if perfected. so much passion. :party4:
"If this was track and field, we just watched an 8-second 100 meters." Jamie McGrigor, a skating analyst commenting on Yuna's LP performance at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics

"How do you make a Kim Yu-Na... you can't. It's truly a gift." Scott Hamilton, gold medalist and NBC commentator

#351 User is offline   Eclair 

• Junior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:books and figure skating
  • {Real Name}:Eclair

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

:wub: passion! fire! attack! vulnarability! sadness! great display and variety of emotions! I can see her being on fire @ the Olympics :D There're little details I love and some I believe could still be refined, but overall a challenging music to interpret, difficult quality elements and great variation of tempo. What a programm. I can't imagine anyone else pulling this off!
okay now, this is going to sound a little weird since I posted great praise to Mao just a few minutes ago and this might suggest that I was secretly a mao uber (which I'm not :sweatingbullets: ) but I think yuna should consider going to 4cc. From what I could hear and see the music edit is original, new but also unusal. It might be a good idea to let the judges hear it more often for the programm to grow on them.

Thanked by 2 Members:

#352 User is offline   Realdeal 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

Post-practice interview:

"There are a lot of different varieties in tango. It is bound to be compared [with Roxanne] since there is a limit on what you can choreograph on the ice and some parts may look similar, but I had not a bit of Tango de Roxanne in my mind when I prepared this program."

"I haven't thought about any keywords for the Free Skate. Since this piece is an elegy for grandfather, I tried to imbue the memories of spending happy days with him."

Kim Yu-Na wanted to emphasize there is a distinctive feel of tango compared to the short program despite the similar emotions contained in the SP.

She also said she still needs to polish the program. "It's been only recent that my stamina and health was finally ready to digest the program, if not perfectly. I still need more time to perfect it."

"It's difficult because there are no moments of respite but when it's done well, it's an excellent program. I shall continue to work on it to make even more perfect till the Olympics."

"As long as I don't get nervous, I should be able to finish the competition without big mistakes."

"Every skater is exposed to the risk of injury; however, I still have time until the Olympics and shouldn't have a problem preparing for it."

As for the ongoing Grand Prix Final happening in Japan, "Since the events are overlapped, I'll be able to have some competition jitters but focus sharply on my performance."

Asked about her post-Sochi plans, "I would take a rest, first and foremost," she smiled.

Asked to give her thoughts on 2018 Olympics, "I won't be able to continue on until then but it's going to be a great experience for young Korean skaters since a big competition is rarely held in Korea. It was a privilege and honor for me to participate in the bidding process, and I'm happy that Pyeongchang will host the Olympics."

This post has been edited by Realdeal: 05 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

#353 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostEclair, on 05 December 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

:wub: passion! fire! attack! vulnarability! sadness! great display and variety of emotions! I can see her being on fire @ the Olympics :D There're little details I love and some I believe could still be refined, but overall a challenging music to interpret, difficult quality elements and great variation of tempo. What a programm. I can't imagine anyone else pulling this off!
okay now, this is going to sound a little weird since I posted great praise to Mao just a few minutes ago and this might suggest that I was secretly a mao uber (which I'm not :sweatingbullets: ) but I think yuna should consider going to 4cc. From what I could hear and see the music edit is original, new but also unusal. It might be a good idea to let the judges hear it more often for the programm to grow on them.

There are many, many variations of Adios Nonino, and I wouldn't say this is an unusual one. The choice of instruments is actually pretty standard, too.

As for the judges, I'm sure they'll be watching her YouTube videos. ;)

#354 User is offline   Eclair 

• Junior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:books and figure skating
  • {Real Name}:Eclair

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostNewYunaFan, on 05 December 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

There are many, many variations of Adios Nonino, and I wouldn't say this is an unusual one. The choice of instruments is actually pretty standard, too.

As for the judges, I'm sure they'll be watching her YouTube videos. ;)

Glad it's not a especially unsual music edit. I guess I'm not familiar enough yet with all the different Adios Nonino versions, because it was new to me. Hoping the judges are more like you and less like me concerning this issue ;)

#355 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Another version of the run-thru--

Thanked by 11 Members:

#356 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostEclair, on 05 December 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Speaking of the music cut, isn't this somewhat reminiscent of the discussions back in 09-10? 007 was relatively straightforward and the Gershwin was not super well received at first because it was not one of the most familiar tunes and took some time for people to digest and appreciate it.

Some pieces are from the version used in Jeffery Buttle's SP when he won the '08 Worlds. As you many know, this fantastic program was also choreographed by David Wilson.

And I agree that performing at 4cc would help the Adios to grow on the judges and the like, but not to say she should consider. Fine-tuning one more time at the Nationals may not be a bad idea.

This post has been edited by inspiration: 05 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

Thanked by 1 Member:
cactus 

#357 User is offline   beautyuna 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Maybe it's too early to say this but THIS program easily becomes my NO.1 long programs from YUNA! A bit sad to say this but.. 'Adios Lark ' :bye2: :blush:

I couldn't post any new pics after the run-through fan cam released. I just can't stop watching it. It's so original and captivating!

Posted Image

Thanked by 7 Members:

#358 User is offline   beautyuna 

• Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image