Thanked by 1 Member:
os168 

#2 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

View Postrock robster, on 14 April 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Wow. It seems like we really are witnessing the changing of the guard now. But...who knows? Maybe Yuna and Mao change their minds after a couple of years of retirement. I mean, they'd still only be 27 in 2018, with a lot of wear saved on the tires...

I will be really surprised if YuNa decides to make another comeback. She has almost always been super-judicious about and lived up to her words and I highly doubt that it will change. For Mao, I think there is a chance that she might change her mind unless she wins the gold at Sochi.

#3 User is offline   jaylee 

• Senior

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Ashley Wagner and choreographer Philip Mills will no longer be working together.

http://www.twitlonge.../show/n_1rjpgtp

I think it's a mistake for Ashley--he choreographed complex programs for her that she sold very well and she had her greatest success under him.
Yunapedia: Yu-Na news, facts, videos.

#4 User is offline   spiralintoawsomeness 

• Senior
  • Interests:Ballet, Modern Dance, Imitating People :), Reading
  • {Real Name}:Leya

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postjaylee, on 15 April 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Ashley Wagner and choreographer Philip Mills will no longer be working together.

I think it's a mistake for Ashley--he choreographed complex programs for her that she sold very well and she had her greatest success under him.

???

:eusathink:
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   lakewood 

• Senior
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postjaylee, on 15 April 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Frankly, I don't understand the choreographer. He is certainly an artist, but skater is also an artist as a performer.

#6 User is offline   jaylee 

• Senior

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postlakewood, on 16 April 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Frankly, I don't understand the choreographer. He is certainly an artist, but skater is also an artist as a performer.

I think they just had a falling out, and this is his way of spinning it.
Yunapedia: Yu-Na news, facts, videos.

#7 User is offline   San_Fran 

• Senior

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Next to Yuna and everything leading Yuna to a 2nd Olympic Gold, I am interested in how Gracie Gold and Zijun Li will develop next season. Will they each be invited to two GP series events this year? What is the criteria?

At the end of Zijun Li's gala performance, Tracy Wilson says that Zijun reminds her of a young Yuna Kim.

#8 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Gracie Gold's latest interview with World Figure Skating. http://fskating.com/...ach-moment.html

Wow, her comment about the goal of the upcoming season--"score 200+ and make the podium" at the Olympics--sounds very ambitious. Probably that would be the best way to make sure that she gets to take an overdue picture with YuNa though (on the podium). :biggrin2:

Gracie Gold: “I perform my best when I stay fully in each moment”
APRIL 19, 2013

By Vladislav Luchianov

When the guys on Wall Street say that prices for the gold are rising gradually, I finally understand what they mean. The beginning of the debut season in the senior skating was not an easy one for the 17-year-old American Gracie Gold.

But the beginning is just a part of a long skating season and Gracie proved, and not once, that her last name correlates very well with the general trend of her performances, some of which were no less valuable than those that bring first places. This season, she didn’t succeed to win personal gold at her events but we can safely say that the constant improvements of her performances leave no doubt that she’s on the way to main achievements.

Gracie finished seventh at her senior ISU Grand Prix debut at the 2012 Skate Canada. At her second event, the 2012 Rostelecom Cup, she took the silver medal. At the 2013 U.S. Nationals, Gold placed ninth in the short program but was first in the free skate showing a stunning performance and won the silver overall.

She was named in the U.S. team to the 2013 Four Continents and finished sixth at the event. At the 2013 World Championships, Gracie placed ninth in the short program, fifth in the free skate, and sixth overall setting a new personal best score of 184.25 points. Gold, with a teammate Ashley Wagner, who finished in fifth place, thus secured three spots for the U.S. ladies at the 2014 Winter Olympics.

At the 2013 World Team Trophy in Tokyo, she finished third, setting a personal and season’s best score of 188.03 points. Team USA won the gold for the second time since 2009.

The author talked with Gracie about this past season, about the goals for the Olympic season and about her free time activities.

Gracie, first of all, tell us your impressions of the last event of the season – 2013 World Team Trophy. Your team won and you set a new personal and season’s best score there.

Gracie Gold: World Team Trophy was the perfect ending for my season. I love Tokyo and the Japanese fans are amazing! Participating in a team event is unusual in figure skating and I love the camaraderie Team USA shared. Earning my season’s & personal best and contributing to our team’s victory was a sweet success. Standing on the podium with my teammates is a highlight in my skating career!

How would you evaluate your first season in senior’s skating in general?

Gold: This season was very challenging but ultimately very rewarding. I learned a lot about myself, and how to handle the pressure of skating at the Worlds level. I think I proved to others, and myself, that I belong with the best of the best. This year I had to fight through some tough moments, but I survived and I think I’m stronger because of it.

And what was your most exciting moment of this past season and why?

Gold: The most exciting moment of this past season was when I finished my long program at the U.S. Championships. After such a disappointing short program, when it seemed my dream of making the World team was gone, being able to perform that long program was incredible! It was that moment that everyone dreams of, when everything feels possible.

At your first World Championships you finished 6th. Did you expect such a success?

Gold: Honestly, I did not know what to expect going into this World Championships. My ultimate goal was to skate two clean programs and help get three spots back for the U.S. I knew I needed to place at least top ten for that to happen. I was very happy with my long program scores and placing in the top six. My first World Championships was an amazing experience!

You have a strong technical arsenal. What is your opinion on jumping elements in modern ladies skating? Will they become more and more difficult?

Gold: I think that a lot of us are pushing the envelope technically, more and more each year. This year there were a lot more triple-triple combinations being tried and completed than in the past couple of seasons. I plan to keep adding harder jumps and combinations to my programs. I don’t think we’ve reached the limit yet.

This season you also increased your scores for components. Tell us, please, about this aspect of your skating work?

Gold: This past season we worked hard on making that transition from Junior Ladies skating to Senior Ladies skating. I spent a lot of time working on my skating skills and my transitions in and out of jumps. By the end of the season, I think there was a noticeable improvement. I am very excited for this upcoming season; I think everyone will be impressed with my new programs.

Is there any special character (or characters) that you would like to perform in your future programs?

Gold: I don’t have a specific character in mind, but are some beautiful pieces of music that I hope to skate to in the future.

Any skater is very concentrated before competitions but American ladies usually look very relaxedly on the ice. However, they do not lose concentration during the performance. How would you describe the portrait of an American figure skater?

Gold: I don’t know if I can speak to the portrait of an American figure skater. For myself, I try to reach a sense of relaxed focus. I know that I perform my best when I stay fully in each moment. If I think too far ahead or worry about what has already happened, then I am out of focus and can have lapses in the concentration I need for my performance.

In your opinion, how should modern ladies singles skating look, taking into account technical and artistic issues?

Gold: Modern ladies’ singles skating attempts to combine the most challenging technical elements with beautiful, inspirational interpretation of the music. The goal is for the performance to come across as a complete, seamless performance. It should look easy and effortless in spite of the great difficulty.

When Gracie Gold has a free time, she likes…?

Gold: Gracie Gold does not have that much free time, but when she does, she likes to catch up on popular TV shows, read, be outside, hang out with friends, or go shopping.

A few words about your main goals for the Olympic season.

Gold: My main goal for this season is to qualify for the Olympic Games. My ultimate season’s goal would be to score 200+ and make the podium.

This post has been edited by inspiration: 19 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

#9 User is offline   Realdeal 

• Senior

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

^ I think it's a reasonable goal for Gracie to aim 200+ points. She only needs to do a clean SP and a solid LP. The real challenge would be bumping up her PCS from from the current level. She really needs at least around 30 for SP and 63 for LP given her high TES potentials, I think.

This post has been edited by Realdeal: 19 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

#10 User is offline   lakewood 

• Senior

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

Wagner adjusts after Nicks puts traveling aside

http://web.icenetwor...8&vkey=ice_news

#11 User is offline   San_Fran 

• Senior

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postinspiration, on 19 April 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Gracie Gold's latest interview with World Figure Skating. http://fskating.com/...ach-moment.html

Wow, her comment about the goal of the upcoming season--"score 200+ and make the podium" at the Olympics--sounds very ambitious. Probably that would be the best way to make sure that she gets to take an overdue picture with YuNa though (on the podium). :biggrin2:

Gracie Gold: “I perform my best when I stay fully in each moment”
APRIL 19, 2013

You have a strong technical arsenal. What is your opinion on jumping elements in modern ladies skating? Will they become more and more difficult?

Gold: I think that a lot of us are pushing the envelope technically, more and more each year. This year there were a lot more triple-triple combinations being tried and completed than in the past couple of seasons. I plan to keep adding harder jumps and combinations to my programs. I don’t think we’ve reached the limit yet.

Well, I'm guilty of not following figure skating when Yuna was not skating, but isn't it more accurate to say that Yuna's comeback was the motivation for more technical difficulties and in her absence, technical difficulty was decreasing.

I'm not saying this applied to Gracie Gold. I'm assuming that she has always tried more difficult programs. But generally, weren't many of the ladies turning triple triples into triple doubles?

#12 User is offline   spellbound 

• Juvenile
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

^
That was my impression as well last season, almost as if in Yuna's absence there was no need for harder content. At worlds in Nice the audience was super-excited during all of the first three disciplines (even doing the wave repeatedly during men's last warmup, lol) but it was like everyone fell asleep during ladies' event until Wagner woke people up. I noticed some spectators in my sector even spent a lot of their time on their mobile devices or whatever instead of following the event which I found weird given the ticket costs and frankly a little disrespectful to the athletes.

And then, three months or so after Worlds Yuna announced her comeback and we know what happened after she proved her intent at NRW Trophy...

But to be fair, I think a lot of the competitors in the junior division (Gold included) were trying triple-triples and in general having harder programs technically than their seniors in 2011-12.

Thanked by 1 Member:
os168 

#13 User is offline   spiralintoawsomeness 

• Senior

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postspellbound, on 28 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

^
That was my impression as well last season, almost as if in Yuna's absence there was no need for harder content. At worlds in Nice the audience was super-excited during all of the first three disciplines (even doing the wave repeatedly during men's last warmup, lol) but it was like everyone fell asleep during ladies' event until Wagner woke people up. I noticed some spectators in my sector even spent a lot of their time on their mobile devices or whatever instead of following the event which I found weird given the ticket costs and frankly a little disrespectful to the athletes.

And then, three months or so after Worlds Yuna announced her comeback and we know what happened after she proved her intent at NRW Trophy...

But to be fair, I think a lot of the competitors in the junior division (Gold included) were trying triple-triples and in general having harder programs technically than their seniors in 2011-12.

I agree spellbound-in the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 seasons, because Yuna left and Mao was radically overhauling her technique, the ladies skaters could win doing SPs with only solo 3lo or 3t, FSs without the lutz and flip.... meanwhile on the junior side, you see Adelina, Elizaveta, Julia, Gracie, ect, doing 3lz+3ts in the SP, 7 triple FSs... quite a contrast from the triple-triples and 3as and meh juniors last quad

When Yuna came back, she put pressure on all of the ladies due to her winning with 3lz+3t, and then everyone else began to catch up in TES.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   cactus 

• Senior

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

10 best skating dresses in 2012/13 season
by "Golden Ice" figure skating blog. Let's see who the winner is? :o
No.1 Yu-Na Kim "Les Miserables"
Perhaps the world champion is supposed to be trend-setter, and Yu-Na Kim copes with that responsibility. Both of her costume! Choose the best of them I did not succeed, so the first place is occupied by both costumes. Dress to her long program looks quite modestly by dramatic production of "Les Miserables", but very elegant. I would like to acknowledge the good discovery - translucent, slightly tapered sleeves ribbon. Low-key gray shades only adds expressiveness of the program itself, does not distract one's attention from the movements of the skater.

Yu-Na Kim - perfection in every detail
And the air, pale blue dress with a blood-red trim stones, representing a drop of blood from the "The Kiss of the Vampire", flowing dresses on the bodice and shoulders. Perfect imitation of bare body. Dress-perfection worthy of the Queen Yu-Na.

Last 5 photos - "What it was?" and "Take it off immediately". :biggrin2:

This post has been edited by cactus: 17 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Thanked by 2 Members:
Hoshi , jaylee 

#15 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

New interview of Liza (Google translation). Interesting comments on what she liked during her stay in Seoul and her new short program.

http://fsrussia.ru//...oim-programmam/

Elizabeth Tuktamysheva: "The new choreographer added freshness and novelty my programs"

Bronze medalist of European Championship 2013 Elizabeth Tuktamysheva team after the World Cup has begun preparations for the upcoming season. Working on new programs, then toured with the Ice Theatre of Natalia and Igor Bestemyanova Bobrina in South Korea. In early June, will resume training athlete, as told in an interview.

- Lisa, you're in Japan complained of fatigue, but after Team Cup almost without interruption immediately started to work?

- Returned home. Came to life. The tension eased, and somewhere in there power. We Alexei Mishin decided to start to put the program to do a long break in training. Especially because in the end of April, our performances were scheduled in Seoul.

- How much time have you spent in South Korea?

- A week from April 26 to May 6.

- Artur Gachinski said that at first it was difficult to adapt to the unusual schedule.

- At first, indeed, it was hard. Some days were just three performances. The first began around 11 am, the second at 14, the third in 17 hours. But after a week of six full day rentals we seemed nonsense. At the end of the tour is nothing to worry and not distracted. Felt so confident, relaxed and loose on the ice, that really get pleasure from driving.

- You played between rooms?

- Not really. The first part was the play "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", and the second - a full show in which we were, and with Arthur. Rolled their programs. Sometimes we had to go on the ice almost non-stop. Arthur even in the locker room did not look, dressed in shrouds.

But gradually got used to everything. It was even fun. No ads speaker that now deliver Elizabeth Tuktamysheva. Out on the ice under the rustle of their steps in the spotlight, riding and briefly went to the sound of applause. Very interesting, because of this experience we have not had.

Whether it is our will, remained still. Just got into a rut, joined the team, and we should leave. After all, we were released for the week. It was sad.

- What surprised in Seoul?

- Free time was not so much. But I liked the Night Bazaar. When it was getting dark, the city opened small shops, boutiques, where exhibited different goods. Since we do not exist, it surprised me.

- Had time to work on new programs to the tour?

- We worked on the short program. Almost made it. Put the program a new choreographer, dancer of the Kirov Ballet named Anton, who has recommended Yuri Smekalov. I loved our cooperation, because the new director prompted some unexpected things, raisins, added freshness programs. I do not imagine that the hands can be so beautifully wrapped and tailored to the steps. I think it turned out great.

Interviewed by Olga Ermolina

Thanked by 3 Members:

#16 User is offline   spiralintoawsomeness 

• Senior

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

@SylviaUnseen
Ksenia Makarova will miss the 2013-14 season due to a chronic hip injury, says her coach

:cry5: nooooooooo....
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   IcePrincess#1 

• Intermediate
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

If Miki Ando does decide to comeback do you guys think she would have a good chance of making the Japanese team? There were sources saying that she was looking for a coach for the upcoming season?

#18 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior
  • {Real Name}:Zaldine

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostIcePrincess#1, on 24 May 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

If Miki Ando does decide to comeback do you guys think she would have a good chance of making the Japanese team? There were sources saying that she was looking for a coach for the upcoming season?

I think she is if her jumps are still there. I think only Mao is locked for Team Japan and probably Kanako. I'm not sure about Akiko though.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   cactus 

• Senior

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

View Postinspiration, on 21 May 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

New interview of Liza (Google translation). Interesting comments on what she liked during her stay in Seoul and her new short program.

http://fsrussia.ru//...oim-programmam/

Elizabeth Tuktamysheva: "The new choreographer added freshness and novelty my programs"

Bronze medalist of European Championship 2013 Elizabeth Tuktamysheva team after the World Cup has begun preparations for the upcoming season. Working on new programs, then toured with the Ice Theatre of Natalia and Igor Bestemyanova Bobrina in South Korea. In early June, will resume training athlete, as told in an interview.

- Lisa, you're in Japan complained of fatigue, but after Team Cup almost without interruption immediately started to work?

- Returned home. Came to life. The tension eased, and somewhere in there power. We Alexei Mishin decided to start to put the program to do a long break in training. Especially because in the end of April, our performances were scheduled in Seoul.

- How much time have you spent in South Korea?

- A week from April 26 to May 6.

- Artur Gachinski said that at first it was difficult to adapt to the unusual schedule.

- At first, indeed, it was hard. Some days were just three performances. The first began around 11 am, the second at 14, the third in 17 hours. But after a week of six full day rentals we seemed nonsense. At the end of the tour is nothing to worry and not distracted. Felt so confident, relaxed and loose on the ice, that really get pleasure from driving.

- You played between rooms?

- Not really. The first part was the play "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", and the second - a full show in which we were, and with Arthur. Rolled their programs. Sometimes we had to go on the ice almost non-stop. Arthur even in the locker room did not look, dressed in shrouds.

But gradually got used to everything. It was even fun. No ads speaker that now deliver Elizabeth Tuktamysheva. Out on the ice under the rustle of their steps in the spotlight, riding and briefly went to the sound of applause. Very interesting, because of this experience we have not had.

Whether it is our will, remained still. Just got into a rut, joined the team, and we should leave. After all, we were released for the week. It was sad.

- What surprised in Seoul?

- Free time was not so much. But I liked the Night Bazaar. When it was getting dark, the city opened small shops, boutiques, where exhibited different goods. Since we do not exist, it surprised me.

- Had time to work on new programs to the tour?

- We worked on the short program. Almost made it. Put the program a new choreographer, dancer of the Kirov Ballet named Anton, who has recommended Yuri Smekalov. I loved our cooperation, because the new director prompted some unexpected things, raisins, added freshness programs. I do not imagine that the hands can be so beautifully wrapped and tailored to the steps. I think it turned out great.

Interviewed by Olga Ermolina

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: "Buttle will make me both programs"
"Russian figure skater Elizaveta Tuktamysheva said that on the production of new programs will work with former canadian figure skater Jeffrey Buttle.

- Have you already worked together over the programs?
- In the short program there are ideas of using of Latin American music, but the free program has not invented yet. In general, as long as everything is very raw, there are only some sketches to the final outcome and it's still very far away.

- Who will produce your new program in this season?
- Famous canadian figure skater Jeffrey Buttle will come to our training camp - and he will put me both programs for the Olympic season. My coach Alexei Mishin decided to attract him to cooperate for this season. I don't know Jeffrey personally, but I've heard good opinions about him,- said Tukhtamysheva in an interview to TEAM RUSSIA-2014."

Thanked by 1 Member:

#20 User is offline   lakewood 

• Senior

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Mok Ye Bin on Magic on Ice, Seoul.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic