• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yunaholics Support Group

#1 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

We need this thread started now. How's everyone doing with the SP and LP so close? What are some of your coping strategies? :sweatingbullets: I think I should go out and jog or something. All this nervous energy is leaving me so jittery.

Thanked by 5 Members:

#2 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

You all can pretend to be anonymous. :ph34r:

#3 User is offline   skyyblue 

• Intermediate
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

what a funny but ACCURATE thread! I was more of a wreck last week but this week after observing her practices and mostly her calm and collected demeanor, I feel a lot better. Having said that, I probably won't be able to actually watch her live performances. I couldn't watch her in vancouver and I doubt that my nerves will allow me to watch her in Sochi. However, I am comfortable with whatever her placement is just as long as she skates clean. That has been her goal all along and I will be content knowing she is content. I just hope that she skates from her heart with no regrets!

I am going to be teary though knowing that it's her last competitive performance.

Thanked by 1 Member:

#4 User is offline   joursdepleu 

• Novice
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Eating, watching figure skating, acting, more eating, cooking, sleeping, and being lazy in general :)

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

I frequent this forum more than I should and I peruse through countless pages of other skating forums...I watch Yuna's older programs to no end and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself on Wednesday during Yuna's SP as I have class during that time and my class is a socratic seminar style-discussion based class. I'll probably just livestream it on my laptop during class and try not to oogle at the screen too much or scream or both. And then as soon as work ends, I'll sprint home to watch prime-time coverage. Thursday I will skip my gym class...LOL...I mean, get real. It's Yuna's last competition skates of her life. I can't miss the historical moment!!!!

Is there going to be a live chat event or something for both events?

Praying for Yuna!

also, if somebody knows where to replay the entire event not under the NBC website (b/c my cable provider isn't eligible for the NBC Live/replay stuff) I would very much appreciate it. PM me maybe? lolol...I want to watch Soyoun and Haejin as well..soo...

This post has been edited by joursdepleu: 17 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

#5 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

It's a weekday so we probably won't have a live chat, and I'm concerned the forum may crash during both the SP and LP.

#6 User is offline   jaylee 

• Senior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

View PostNewYunaFan, on 17 February 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

It's a weekday so we probably won't have a live chat, and I'm concerned the forum may crash during both the SP and LP.

I will be running a livechat, and it runs on a separate server, so even if the forum crashes, the livechat will continue. :biggrin2:

I'm taking 2 days off from work. :sweatingbullets: I've been sneakily watching bits of the team event and the men's at work (it was actually nice that the final groups were usually during my lunch hour), and I didn't even care about those events that much, so it was like, what the heck, for Yu-Na, I decided to stay at home where I can stress out in the privacy of my own home.
Yunapedia: Yu-Na news, facts, videos.

Thanked by 3 Members:

#7 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

View Postjaylee, on 17 February 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I will be running a livechat, and it runs on a separate server, so even if the forum crashes, the livechat will continue. :biggrin2:

I'm taking 2 days off from work. :sweatingbullets: I've been sneakily watching bits of the team event and the men's at work (it was actually nice that the final groups were usually during my lunch hour), and I didn't even care about those events that much, so it was like, what the heck, for Yu-Na, I decided to stay at home where I can stress out in the privacy of my own home.

I thought about taking Wednesday and Thursday off, but then I figured I'd never get anything done and without anything to think about but the competition I'd be so nervous and stressed. I'm hoping work provides some measure of distraction to calm me down. :sweatingbullets:

#8 User is offline   queen's_subject 

• Junior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Hi - I'm CRAZY nervous!!! I will not be watching the programs. Will check this forum once Yuna skates; same in LP.

I can't even look at other skating forums, so you guys will be my only link. Thanking everyone again for all their posts up to now and thanking in advance for what I know will be up-to-minute play-by-play on the performances and videos.

The thing that gives me some relief from the nervousness is really Yuna's own words in that she has already won an Olympic Gold medal and she just wants to skate her best regardless of the results. So hoping she skates her very best and then regardless of what the judges score she can be happy. As she said, judging isn't something she can control - which I think is a real healthy view.

Yuna - FIGHTING!!!

Thanked by 2 Members:

#9 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior
  • {Real Name}:Zaldine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

What I'm feeling right now? SUPER nervous. Scared even. I always trying to calm myself down and say well Yuna already won OGM, but I guess there's a part of me that I want her to succeed desperately. :cold:

Not to mention, this is her last competition. And I just want to see end her career in a high note.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

View Postspiccoli, on 17 February 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

What I'm feeling right now? SUPER nervous. Scared even. I always trying to calm myself down and say well Yuna already won OGM, but I guess there's a part of me that I want her to succeed desperately. :cold:

Not to mention, this is her last competition. And I just want to see end her career in a high note.

Exactly how I feel. I want her career to end on a high note and although she's already Olympic Champion, a second Olympic gold medal is very nice to have too. :biggrin2:

Thanked by 3 Members:

#11 User is offline   San_Fran 

• Senior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostNewYunaFan, on 17 February 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

Exactly how I feel. I want her career to end on a high note and although she's already Olympic Champion, a second Olympic gold medal is very nice to have too. :biggrin2:

Makes me laugh. Yes, I would agree, it would be nice to have.

#12 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

I just noticed how much calmer I got after some exercise. I think I can see how Yuna stays calm in these competitions. All those rigorous run-through's don't just boost her confidence, they probably calm down her nerves, too.

#13 User is offline   rainydays 

• Juvenile
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

I am actually glad I'll be working and extremely busy on Wednesday and Thursday, and also distracted by training and presentations and whatnot throughout the two days. Otherwise, it would be two most unbearable days in my life.

That said, I want to thank everyone in this forum for being so amazing. Thank you, thank you. :heart:

#14 User is offline   yon 

• Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

Is it only me not be very nervous now? :biggrin2:
I was sooooo~ upset during team event.
But after watching Yuna's interview at Seoul air port, I feel calm.
Not very relaxed, but nicely exited. :laughing:

All figure skating events are scheduled from 0:00AM to 4:00AM in my local, so I've been super busy to do all my stuff since team event - watching FS, go to work, usual house work, baking Valentine cake for my husband, and sleeping etc...
I wonder how other JP or Korean peoples adjust their sleeping and the TV schedule.
I go to bed as early as possible ( at least 10:00PM) and sleep until 1:00AM, wake up and watch TV feed in the follow-up replay function, fast-forward a boring part, then I can catch up the last 2 groups on live. And, go back to bed again.
I chose this method because I heard that sleeping between 10:00PM and 2:00AM is most important for health, especially for skin. :biggrin2: Actually I feel that it is better than waking up all night.

I take 3 days off from tomorrow for her last game, so my crazy life was already over!

Thanked by 1 Member:
jaylee 

#15 User is offline   kaka 

• Junior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

Same here, it will be midnight here as well(11pm for the first skating and yuna's going to skate at 1:24am) and considering i won't be able to sleep before the competition (I'm a nervous wreck :sweatingbullets:), I wish I am able to wake up early in the morning like around 7am :wallbash: I don't think I can sleep after the competition with all the excitements :mellow: (Sending positive energy to yuna) ...

#16 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. How are you all holding up?

What calms me down is the way Yuna has handled the pre-competition process in the past few days. Yuna's mentality/approach of focusing on getting her job done while putting aside her feelings/thoughts on the Olympics being her final stage helps me a lot, though it would be a lie if I say I am not nervous.

This may sound cliche, but there is this well-known Chinese proverb, 盡人事待天命 (something like 'man proposes god disposes'). Thankfully, Yuna seems to have done everything she could do in her preparation, so I will just keep praying for Yuna.

May god be with our Stella Yuna Kim until the very end.

Thanked by 1 Member:

#17 User is offline   SquallB 

• Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

Amen.

Chance favors the prepared mind.
"If this was track and field, we just watched an 8-second 100 meters." Jamie McGrigor, a skating analyst commenting on Yuna's LP performance at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics

"How do you make a Kim Yu-Na... you can't. It's truly a gift." Scott Hamilton, gold medalist and NBC commentator

Thanked by 2 Members:

#18 User is offline   Yunafan1 

• Intermediate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fine arts, painting and drawing, music and history

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

I prayed for Yuna before going to bed. More positive vibes...I hope it helps to her. :sweatingbullets:

I wish her all the best, joy, strength, and luck for tomorrow. :South_Korea:
'A masterpiece of a programme performed exquisitely'
'You can't teach that, you can't make somebody to do that, it's from a special place.'

(Danse Macabre 2009 Worlds, Eurosport)

'We have seen something extra special here'
'Absolutely sensational. It's not about what she does, it's about how she does it'

(Scheherazade 2009 Worlds, Eurosport)

'Just hold your breath and watch'
'Every movement of her body reflecting music'

(The Lark Ascending, 2007 Worlds, Eurosport)

Thanked by 1 Member:

#19 User is offline   breynows 

• Intermediate
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

I'll pretend to be sick tomorrow o.o , it's not my fault they put a class right in the middle of the week and in the most important event of the year. Really nervous about tomorrow, for me this is one of the worst olympics of all times, hope the ladies event save it <_< . I will make some withcrafts for my favorite skater hehehehe(just kidding... right?)

Thanked by 1 Member:

#20 User is offline   lescinqdoigts 

• Pre-Juvenile
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

I am going to bed REALLY late tonight and wake up super late tomorrow so that I'll miss the SP... that way I'll just see the results. I think I'll do the same thing for the FP.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users