• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yunaholics Support Group

#21 User is offline   os168 

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Thank you for this thread, I expect I'd be sleepless the next 3 days! :sweatingbullets:

I find. Working . Cleaning . Cooking helps.... while listening to my unofficial Yuna The Movie Soundtrack

(first time I heard it, it shivers down my spine like when I watch Yuna skating for the first time)

Thanked by 2 Members:

#22 User is offline   jaylee 

• Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postinspiration, on 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thanks for starting this thread. How are you all holding up?

What calms me down is the way Yuna has handled the pre-competition process in the past few days. Yuna's mentality/approach of focusing on getting her job done while putting aside her feelings/thoughts on the Olympics being her final stage helps me a lot, though it would be a lie if I say I am not nervous.

This may sound cliche, but there is this well-known Chinese proverb, 盡人事待天命 (something like 'man proposes god disposes'). Thankfully, Yuna seems to have done everything she could do in her preparation, so I will just keep praying for Yuna.

I feel pretty much the same way. I was more nervous for her first practice than anything else. Today I was relatively calm.

Yu-Na has looked better and better each day on the ice. She looks very focused and in the zone. Her run-throughs have looked amazing. Jumps look the best they've looked all season.

Off the ice, I've never seen her so relaxed and comfortable. Voluntarily speaking to reporters every day, going to various Olympic events, taking pictures with fans (of all kinds)...taking bows with her teammates. It seems like she's enjoying her Olympic experience, it's not getting to her, and that makes me happy and fills me with calm.

I think someone said that Yu-Na has a zen-like calm about her and she does. I'm hoping it will rub off on me tomorrow. :biggrin2: As long as she's happy at the end of this, I will be happy for her too. I have a good feeling she'll be happy at the end of this. She deserves it.
Yunapedia: Yu-Na news, facts, videos.

Thanked by 2 Members:

#23 User is offline   os168 

• Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

View Postinspiration, on 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

This may sound cliche, but there is this well-known Chinese proverb, 盡人事待天命 (something like 'man proposes god disposes'). Thankfully, Yuna seems to have done everything she could do in her preparation, so I will just keep praying for Yuna.

You brought up a great proverb that suit Yuna perfectly. The literal translation is more like: Man has done everything he could, the rest is up to heavens.

Just curious anyone here Catholic or Christian? I have always wondered about that :) I will say a little prayer for her tonight I think :blush:

#24 User is offline   Jason 

• Preliminary
  • PipPip
  • {Real Name}:Jason

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Hello all... new fan to the forum here.

I am glad for this thread. I have noticed I have been feeling really nervous too! So I'm glad I'm not alone.
It is strange to be so tense about something not personally doing. Like you want to help or something...
I think it is especially because of being the last performance. Like her last big battle.

I want to say thank you for the news here and especially the big news threads.

Hopefully my country will do well too, but I'm cheering for Yuna to win anyway! She deserves a fun, exciting send-off!

Thanked by 5 Members:

#25 User is offline   spiralintoawsomeness 

• Senior
  • Interests:Ballet, Modern Dance, Imitating People :), Reading
  • {Real Name}:Leya

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Welcome to the forum Jason!
Posted Image

Thanked by 1 Member:
Jason 

#26 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'm surprisingly calm tonight. I was more nervous during the day but not a total wreck. Odd feeling. I started out much more nervous when she first arrive in Sochi.

Thanked by 1 Member:

#27 User is offline   joursdepleu 

• Novice
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Eating, watching figure skating, acting, more eating, cooking, sleeping, and being lazy in general :)

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Just curious anyone here Catholic or Christian? I have always wondered about that :) I will say a little prayer for her tonight I think :blush:

I definitely will be praying for her every moment I get.

#28 User is offline   Yunafan1 

• Intermediate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fine arts, painting and drawing, music and history

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostNewYunaFan, on 18 February 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

I'm surprisingly calm tonight. I was more nervous during the day but not a total wreck. Odd feeling. I started out much more nervous when she first arrive in Sochi.

I feel the same. I'm calmed down on, though I know I'll be more nervous in a couple of hours.

Now it's lunchtime and I went to out from work to get some kimbap for lunch. In my country there are just a few Japanese or Korean restaurants but I wanted to make sure I'll eat something Korean today.
And the funny thing is that my workplace's name is KIM, so even more positive vibes to our dear Yuna. :biggrin2:
'A masterpiece of a programme performed exquisitely'
'You can't teach that, you can't make somebody to do that, it's from a special place.'

(Danse Macabre 2009 Worlds, Eurosport)

'We have seen something extra special here'
'Absolutely sensational. It's not about what she does, it's about how she does it'

(Scheherazade 2009 Worlds, Eurosport)

'Just hold your breath and watch'
'Every movement of her body reflecting music'

(The Lark Ascending, 2007 Worlds, Eurosport)

Thanked by 1 Member:

#29 User is offline   yyyskate 

• Senior

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

the first thing after I wake up, Sending good/positive vibes to Queen Yuna!

#30 User is offline   Silkydoll 

• Juvenile
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

I want to watch Yu-Na live!!!! But it's gonna air 11pm here :( Can I destress here, you see Im a doctor and I was on duty last night, so u see Ive already been awake for 38 hours now and Im so drained and sleepy ;( But i want to watch her and the other skaters live and there wont be a replay pn pur channel. im afraid if I take a nap it would be sunrise when I wake up ;(

#31 User is offline   os168 

• Senior

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostSilkydoll, on 19 February 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

I want to watch Yu-Na live!!!! But it's gonna air 11pm here :( Can I destress here, you see Im a doctor and I was on duty last night, so u see Ive already been awake for 38 hours now and Im so drained and sleepy ;( But i want to watch her and the other skaters live and there wont be a replay pn pur channel. im afraid if I take a nap it would be sunrise when I wake up ;(

Power naps and set your alarm :)

#32 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior
  • {Real Name}:Zaldine

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

Honestly I'm in total wreck right now. Only about 3+ hours to go before the start of the Short program.

Sending positive vibes to Yuna!!! :priere:
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   kaka 

• Junior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

I first decided to go sleep just now and wake up 30mins before yuna's on ice, but i don't think i can sleep now...i can't wait for all the excitements... i hope i won't sleep during class tomorrow...

#34 User is offline   jaylee 

• Senior

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

I had a good night's sleep! I feel all rested. Just finishing up my breakfast and waiting for the competition to start.

Go Yu-Na! Skate happy. :lol:
Yunapedia: Yu-Na news, facts, videos.

#35 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I chickened out this morning and avoided everything. Didn't participate in the live chat or peek at the forum discussions. It was good though because I got a lot of stuff done at work. :laughing:

#36 User is offline   YunaIceQueen 

• Preliminary
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm nervous. I can't think properly and can't do anything properly. I must admit am mostly having negative thoughts, I always do when I am nervous. I keep thinking if Yuna makes a mistake tomorrow Adelina (or someone else) will get the gold

#37 User is offline   joursdepleu 

• Novice
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Eating, watching figure skating, acting, more eating, cooking, sleeping, and being lazy in general :)

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostYunaIceQueen, on 19 February 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

I'm nervous. I can't think properly and can't do anything properly. I must admit am mostly having negative thoughts, I always do when I am nervous. I keep thinking if Yuna makes a mistake tomorrow Adelina (or someone else) will get the gold

Just breathe, stay calm, and believe in Yuna!

Pray for her/Send her positive vibes/watch her majestic Worlds performances and Olympic performances and rock on :respec1:

Thanked by 1 Member:

#38 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior
  • {Real Name}:Zaldine

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

If I'm nervous wreck during in the SP, then I don't know what will be my state of mind in the LP.

Sending positive vibes to Yuna!!! :priere:
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   San_Fran 

• Senior

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

When I watch live I am so biased. My thinking is Yuna should have been score 80 for her SP and no competitor above 70. Then I watch the performance tonight again and I really appreciate all the skaters. It is like I am two different people.

#40 User is offline   NewYunaFan 

• Senior

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

I think I will once again preserve what little composure and sanity I have left and avoid the Internet all morning until after the free skate is over. I'll just review the live chat and the forum after it's all over. :sweatingbullets:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users