Yu-Na Kim Forum: Reject ISU President Ottavio Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress. - Yu-Na Kim Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reject ISU President Ottavio Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress. A Petition for Skating Fans from all skating nations

#1 User is offline   Blazing Blades Editor 

• Pre-Preliminary
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Figure Skating, Blogging, American Football (College and Pro)
  • {Real Name}:Peter Murray

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Petitioning ISU Figure Skating Federations and Associations
Reject ISU President Ottavio Cinquanta's Figure Skating Proposals for the 2014 ISU Congress.

Sign the petition at Change.org and email a copy of the link or entire petition to your Federation/Association email address among the list of ISU Member Nations at the petition bottom.

https://www.change.o...14-isu-congress

#2 User is offline   Blazing Blades Editor 

• Pre-Preliminary
  • Pip
  • Interests:Figure Skating, Blogging, American Football (College and Pro)
  • {Real Name}:Peter Murray

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

Is there no desire among the Korean skating fans to influence the Korean Skating Federation to vote against President Cinquanta's recommendation to do away with all short programs, short dances in all 5 disciplines? Not only did President Cinquanta not acknowledge your Petition about ISU Judges cheating Yuna out of her Gold Medal, now it appears no one here has any interest in commenting on or actually signing this Petition to not just save Figure Skating Short Programs from extinction, but to ask your Federation officials to reject Cinquanta's proposals and seek to oust him from ISU Presidency?

I am really disappointed there seems to be no collective anger for this important petition.

Peter Murray
Fan and Supporter of Figure Skating around the world.

peter_murray@comcast.net
http://www.facebook.com/blazingblades
https://twitter.com/ Blazingblades
Skype - petermurray11@live.com

#3 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • {Real Name}:Zaldine

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

^I think the Korean fans are tired after what happened in Sochi. I bet majority of those left already and don't really give a d*mn anymore. The KSU is incompetent, so I doubt they can do something about it. They even said that they are worried about the complaint.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   jaylee 

• Senior

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostBlazing Blades Editor, on 07 April 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Is there no desire among the Korean skating fans to influence the Korean Skating Federation to vote against President Cinquanta's recommendation to do away with all short programs, short dances in all 5 disciplines? Not only did President Cinquanta not acknowledge your Petition about ISU Judges cheating Yuna out of her Gold Medal, now it appears no one here has any interest in commenting on or actually signing this Petition to not just save Figure Skating Short Programs from extinction, but to ask your Federation officials to reject Cinquanta's proposals and seek to oust him from ISU Presidency?

I am really disappointed there seems to be no collective anger for this important petition.

Thanks Peter for posting the petition here.

Note that due to the way the forum is structure,d discussions need at least 1 response in order to show up in the "Latest Discussions" box on the main forum page. I have certainly created threads in the past that have been overlooked until the first person responded. It is extremely easy to overlook new discussions that have been started that way.

Simply because someone hasn't responded instantly doesn't mean that people don't care, or don't have any interest, or aren't angry. Please don't make assumptions about what people think/feel. We have a lot of lurkers here, and not everyone is comfortable speaking up, which is their right. But they can be every bit as angry.

Also, this forum certainly has Korean skating fans, but not everyone here is Korean. We're all English-speaking fans of Yuna, from a variety of countries. Let's not focus on just the Korean skating fans and the Korean Skating Federation (which many Korean skating fans think is useless).
Yunapedia: Yu-Na news, facts, videos.

#5 User is offline   joursdepleu 

• Novice
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Eating, watching figure skating, acting, more eating, cooking, sleeping, and being lazy in general :)

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Peter Murray

peter_murray@comcast.net

I posted Cinquanta's letter somewhere on this forum. But at the very bottom of the letter he says something like "We have to get the Korean delegation's vote" on the issue of the Mass Start for Speed Skating mostly for the reason that the next Winter Games are in Pyeongchang. He then proceeds to say that that surely the Korean Federation will vote for this since they will want a guaranteed spot for the pairs and ice dancing event in 2018.

I almost puked my guts out when I read that. Cinquanta's quid pro quo approach is ABSOLUTELY revolting. I'm not sure how voting works for the ISU. But if it's like how bills are passed in the U.S., where a crapton of regulations are bundled up as one Bill, then yes figure skating is friggin' doomed. Korea has two promising ice dancing teams as well (Yura/Tim and Kirill/Rebeka), and I can only imagine how the politics will maybe affect their future standings and scores if anything goes out of Cinquanta's plan even after that bastard leaves.

Here's the section of that letter:
"Now, we are looking at the 2018 OWG of PyeongChang, Korea. If the ISU intends to include Mass Start for Speed Skating, the opinion of the Korean organizers is of course very important.

*In fact, we have to bear in mind that KSU (the ISU Member in Korea) would like to be entitled to enter one Pair (FS) and one Couple (ID) as organizing country, therefore the ISU is in front of a political decision. ISU might need the Korean support for Speed Skating (Mass Start) but at the same time Korea would need a help from the ISU for Pair and Couple.*

But there is another problem, I checked and I found that the ISU with the Rule 284.3 B) and 3 c) is granting for Short Track that the NOC of the Country organizing the OWG has the right to enter skaters and also Speed Skating Rule 209, 2 c, ii) grants the same right to skaters for the Pursuit Events."

don't know what that last bit means as it mostly mentions short track and speed skating.

But you can see why the politics in the ISU is dirty as heck and why the KSU has virtually no power. Europe/U.S. are well represented in skating sports, so an Asian bloc would be heavily outnumbered (if there ever was one).

Also, I'm not too familiar with the names in the ISU besides Cinquanta, but I heard the person who is basically set to replace him is even worse. Bianchetti should have been president. Such a shame.

This post has been edited by joursdepleu: 07 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

#6 User is offline   yyyskate 

• Senior

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

what about the progress of KSU's protest, is it still pending?
I have a feeling that why KSU is so reluctant on the whole protest thing is that, KSU has some deal with ISU, because speed skating is always more important for KSU.

Therefore, they are willing to do stuff at the expense of Yuna.

This post has been edited by yyyskate: 07 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

#7 User is offline   os168 

• Senior

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

Peter Murray

peter_murray@comcast.net

Hi Peter, I have signed and tweeted :) Hope it helps.

Actually I did suggest someone start a petition to oust Cinquanta on Golden Skate thread when his rambling letter including ending short program surfaced on the Chicago Tribune, along with a bunch of highly unethical politicking details to discourage Korea's complaint using Speed Skating and Ice Dancing, Pairs as leverage. I am glad you started a petition.

I wonder if you might have better response if you title the petition to something more direct and emotional or even more sensationalist in nature? Something like 'End the madness of President Cinquanta's reign to kill this beautiful sport for good @ 2014 ISU congress'. Anyway just a suggestion.

#8 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Peter Murray

peter_murray@comcast.net

Peter,

As I understand, there are not that many active Korean-Korean members on this forum. The Korean Yuna fans usually gather at other Korean fan-site or forums, so the YNKF may not be the best place where you can reach out to those people.

That said, someone posted about this petition in one of those Korean forums, and I do see the number going up with a majority of signatures from Korea. Hopefully, this campaign gains more steam.

#9 User is offline   winteriscoming 

• Intermediate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Charlie Parker, Star Trek, Romance of three kingdoms, Mozart, history, North Korea, & Yuna, Yuna, Yuna . . .
  • {Real Name}:Jackie

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

<br />Is there no desire among the Korean skating fans to influence the Korean Skating Federation to vote against President Cinquanta's recommendation to do away with all short programs, short dances in all 5 disciplines? Not only did President Cinquanta not acknowledge your Petition about ISU Judges cheating Yuna out of her Gold Medal, now it appears no one here has any interest in commenting on or actually signing this Petition to not just save  Figure Skating Short Programs from extinction, but to ask your Federation officials to reject Cinquanta's proposals and seek to oust him from ISU Presidency?<br /><br />I am really disappointed there seems to be no collective anger for this important petition. <br /><br />Peter Murray<br />Fan and Supporter of Figure Skating around the world.<br /><br />peter_murray@comcast.net<br /><a href='http://www.facebook.com/blazingblades' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.facebook.com/blazingblades</a><br /><a href='https://twitter.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>https://twitter.com/</a> Blazingblades<br />Skype - petermurray11@live.com<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Peter, I'm angry. I was so angry after the olympics, even couldn't write anything on this forum, but kept following every news article, post, and videos, and of course SIGNED your petition. I still can't get over the Sochi shock, so it's not even easy to post a message like this. I think there are more members like me. * sigh * Plus, I heard that Korean fans are fully occupied pushing KSU/ KOC on official complaints and appeal, nothing is over for Korean fans and some Yuna fans as I know.

BTW, as other members already pointed out, if you want to get more attention from Korean fans, I think you can try a post on Yuna's Face Book. Yuna has more than 2 million followers. Here is the link: https://www.facebook...Kim/53417067377 If you can contact the person who actually runs the site, I think you can ask him/her to post your message. It is run by a group of fans, not by Yuna's agency, with her permission as I know. Thou you can't find the person or get a permission to post, leaving a message on comments section is still worth a try. If any member can translate Peter's petition/ or messages into Korean, that would also be a big help.

I sincerely appreciate all your effort.

#10 User is offline   San_Fran 

• Senior

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Peter Murray

peter_murray@comcast.net

Petition signed Peter. Thanks for posting here.

#11 User is offline   olympic watcher 

• Pre-Preliminary
  • Pip

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Peter Murray

peter_murray@comcast.net

I am not really a hardcore figure skating fan. That's probably why I feel this way but I feel like all the skating federations and skating community have abandoned Yuna and Korea when dubious judging happened in Sochi. Most long time figure skating fans say that was the biggest controversy in figure skating history and yet nobody stood up and raised the question. The NBC commentators justified the result and got their paychecks. All the figure skating federations are happy with the outcome. Figure skating will lose popularity and nobody will really give a crap about what happens to figure skating eventually. At this point, why would anybody be surprised to hear that figure skating is nothing but a political showcase of the riches after what they've done to Yuna and Korean fans? Yuna is one of the top 5 greatest female skaters of ALL TIME. and yet, that still didn't matter when they decided to give the gold medal to somebody else. In my opinion, They should admit and fix the Sochi controversy first before they fix other things.

This post has been edited by olympic watcher: 08 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

#12 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Peter, I just saw on other Yuna's fanpage. Promoting this petition. I hope it helps.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   cactus 

• Senior

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

Russian FS federation's candidates for ISU president's vote will be Lakernik and Shehovtsova for the post of member of the technical committee of the ISU for ice dancing...

Addio Ottavio!!! (no regrets at all) Di nuovo ciao la corruzione russo

#14 User is offline   os168 

• Senior

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

View Postcactus, on 06 April 2016 - 02:48 AM, said:

Russian FS federation's candidates for ISU president's vote will be Lakernik and Shehovtsova for the post of member of the technical committee of the ISU for ice dancing...

Addio Ottavio!!! (no regrets at all) Di nuovo ciao la corruzione russo

This says pretty much everything. These are the keypost to make a real difference. If you control those position, you can pretty much influence and determine the routcome through rule changes and level judging at your 'own' discretion. RIP figure skating.

#15 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:16 AM

View Postos168, on 06 April 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

This says pretty much everything. These are the keypost to make a real difference. If you control those position, you can pretty much influence and determine the routcome through rule changes and level judging at your 'own' discretion. RIP figure skating.

It's going to be interesting when both will come to Korea in 2018. Both were catalysts in Sochi and how the dirty it was. I wonder if some still remember them.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   os168 

• Senior

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

View Postspiccoli, on 07 April 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

It's going to be interesting when both will come to Korea in 2018. Both were catalysts in Sochi and how the dirty it was. I wonder if some still remember them.

Of course they will... are you kidding me? :P
They will be polite about it of course! (or I hope so.)

#17 User is offline   joursdepleu 

• Novice
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Eating, watching figure skating, acting, more eating, cooking, sleeping, and being lazy in general :)

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

View Postos168, on 09 April 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

Of course you well... are you kidding me? :P
They will be polite about it of course! (or I hope so.)

hahaha as a Korean myself, I can only hope that Koreans can somehow find that balance between polite and being pushed over...

#18 User is offline   cactus 

• Senior

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:43 AM

ISU Congress online:

https://twitter.com/...ress16&src=tyah

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic