All That Skate 2014 (May 4-6)

#361 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • {Real Name}:Zaldine

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Beverley Smith ‏@BevSmithWrites 8h
Yuna Kim skating to Nessum Dorma and Someone Like You - DIVINE. Skates like an Olympic champ. #YunaKim #Sochi2014
Expand

Arto Nätkynmäki ‏@ArtoNatkynmaki 5h
@BevSmithWrites Well, isn't she one? I do reckon she should be double goldmedalist. #YunaKim
Hide conversation

Beverley Smith ‏@BevSmithWrites 2h
@ArtoNatkynmaki That's the point, exactly.
Expand

:giggle:

This post has been edited by spiccoli: 12 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

#362 User is offline   cactus 

• Senior

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

View Postbeautyuna, on 06 May 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

"Do not cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Gabriel Garcia Marguez

Thanks to everyone for best supporting.

#363 User is offline   os168 

• Senior

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Lovely blog article by a Kazakhstan figure skating fan

http://somethingiced...thank-you-yuna/

#364 User is offline   spiccoli 

• Senior
  • {Real Name}:Zaldine

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Translation what Yuna said at the intro?
Posted Image

#365 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

View Postspiccoli, on 14 May 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

Translation what Yuna said at the intro?

The video is taken down already. The intro footage looks like the one from the ATS video I talked about before in this thread.

#366 User is offline   canative 

• Pre-Juvenile
  • PipPipPip
  • {Real Name}:David

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

[quote name='Ghita' timestamp='1399876989' post='133574']
Well, she won't compete anymore but maybe will take care of her ice show as always. And I read some articles that she may attack entertainment industry. She has so many things to do, there is no need to worry.
[/quote

What would she be doing in the entertainment industry. I'd hate to see her leave skating altogether.

This post has been edited by canative: 15 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

#367 User is offline   Ghita 

• Novice
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:28 AM

View Postcanative, on 15 May 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

What would she be doing in the entertainment industry. I'd hate to see her leave skating altogether.

I said she may take care of her ice show. Anyway, after all that will be her decision, not our bussiness

#368 User is offline   pupdream 

• Juvenile
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Ohman so so late to check out the videos of ATS this year!! Man, I was really sad to not get tickets to see Yuna skate :'( cause my holidays fell perfectly but no tickets WHYYYYYY.

and noooooooo Yuna please still do ice shows!! I have yet to see you live!!!1 This can't be happening....

But if it is what you want then I guess, oh wells :') I wish you happiness beyond measure :)
On a side note, LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT ATS 2014. THE COSTUMES, THE PROGRAMMES,THE ORCHESTRA, THAT ADIOS ENDING, TEAM KOREA... Man, I'll sobbing for a bit now :')

Thank you for all the links and updates everyone! I went through each page so religiously haha :D Thanks you all <3

#369 User is offline   inspiration 

• Senior

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Denis Ten's interview with the Kazakhstan media with a mention of the ATS '14. [GOOGLE TRANSLATION]

http://vesti.kz/figure_skating/189035/

Who helps you in the organization of the show? - All I do, but first of all I would like to note the great work Renata Gysin, who is a composer and music producer of the project. He also studied stage design and the technical part. Staging, as in the past year has been Ari Zakarian, he puts us to the group numbers. It is worth noting, and my mom's work, and in principle it is the main organizer of the show. I have a busy schedule with training and other projects, and the head of the show is the mother. We have already formed a certain team that goes along and has some experience. This year, some nuances to us much easier. But I hope that in the future will be even better, and we will reach such a level as ATI Sports. It is an organization that suited ice show Yu-Na Kim. I had the opportunity to experience it all by yourself, to see how everything is built inside. Realized what a high level of professionalism in this show, and it is one of the best and largest in the world. And who knows if we will have a great success, and we may be able to reach this level. I think we are on the right track. The main thing that there is mutual understanding in the team, it remains only to host a show and see the reaction of the audience. I very much hope that the show will give people some unforgettable emotions, it's not every day we come to the stars of figure skating ice show and give. Such events, I think people need. Denis Ten attended the farewell shows Yu-Na Kim -

#370 User is offline   ToFarAwayTimes 

• Novice
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • {Real Name}:Mark

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

View Postyyyskate, on 09 May 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

step sequence and spins under new COP are too difficult to be free/abandon like they used to be as showed in old system

Watching Yuna's Turandot-Nessun Dorma, for me it's like watching a beautiful bird being let out of her cage. For so long at competitions under CoP, Yuna was constrained by required tricks and executions under constant scrutiny of the judges. She mentioned at times it was not possible to fully express herself and the music, because she needed much concentration for technical elements. Such is the nature of the sport she chose.

But I think this skate tells a different and poetic story.

The music begins with a dramatic and foreboding harmony between violin and percussion. It feels like a procession to the inevitable end of an epic journey. There is a sense of fear and anxiety, but also understanding of the gravity of the moment and the requirement to finish one's job. It's at this point I'm reminded of something I thought about often when I saw Yuna's "Send in the Clowns" this season: saying goodbye involves two parts. First, there is the wistful and nostalgic part -- we look back at the memories, the good times and bad, and wish each other well. I think those feelings were beautifully portrayed in Send in the Clowns, as well as the Adios, Gracias videos Yuna taped for All That Skate.

But the second part of saying goodbye is the getting on with it, as the British might say. We mustn't linger too long and spoil the moment ... eventually we must turn around and walk away.

The first half of Yuna's Turandot-Nessun Dorma dramatizes this quite well. The music and the skating convey a sense of epic finality, right up until the orchestra slows, and the skater slips into a brief moment of somber introspection. Is this the end? Is it all over?

No!

The orchestra begins to play Nessun Dorma(!), and like a phoenix rising from the ashes, new life is born. As someone who has experienced the darkest lows of hopelessness in life, I cannot express in words how beautiful I find the last one minute and thirty-five seconds of Yuna's skate. Without a doubt, there is a sense of triumph and celebration, the culmination of fate and life.

Vincerò! Vincerò!

And then finally comes the crescendo, which unveils the true ending of Yuna's story -- this is a new beginning. The cage's door opens, and the beautiful skater finally gets to spread her wings. Yuna flies around the ice with the kind of happiness and joy that cannot be imparted through a smile. There is freedom and abandonment in her skating, something she never showed before, a true sense of "letting go". It's the best I've ever seen her skate!

-----

And so with that, as one Christian to another, I wish for Yuna to fly away, far away, and live her life with freedom and happiness, according to her heart and dreams. I hope she will find purpose in life beyond figure skating, and continue to do good in the world.

God bless you Yuna, and thank you for all of the beautiful masterpieces you gave us over the years.

#371 User is offline   os168 

• Senior

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users